The Kalderimi around Zaranokefala

Questions, Miscellaneous and News about the White Mountains / Allgemeines und Fragen sowie Neuigkeiten zu den Weißen Bergen
Antworten
Arnulf

The Kalderimi around Zaranokefala

Beitrag von Arnulf »

in June I want to walk from Roussies to Kroussia via Zaranokefala with people that are not so familiar with walking in Lefka Ori, We are all in good shape.

But: Can anyone tell me something about the condition of the kalderimi around Zaranokefala?? I walked there aprox. 5 years ago, and there were some stretches where parts of the kalderimi had fallen out into the gorge.

All the best

Arnulf Sunde
admin
Site Admin

Re: The Kalderimi around Zaranokefala

Beitrag von admin »

Hello Arnulf,

we have walked around Zaranokefala (slightly further than the spring). We found the kalderimi in acceptable condition but yes, it is broken in some sections. If you come from Roussies, the major difficulty is to descend from Zaranokefala summit plateau towards the path - this is loose scree and needs caution.

Best wishes
Simon
Arnulf

Beitrag von Arnulf »

Hello, Simon!

Thank you for your quick response!

I think the kalderimi then is about in the same condition as it was the last time I walked there!

The descent from Zaranokephala is a bit tricky, but I walked this section many times. With caution and no hurry, you reach the saddle and the kalderimi whitout trouble!

All the best

Arnulf Sunde
admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von admin »

Hello Arnulf,

I assume that the situation has not dramatically changed during the last years but - as everywhere in the Levka Ori - the pathes are deteriorating due to less regular usage (unfortuantely!). The situation regarding the descent from the summit is exactely as you describe it!

Best wishes
Simon
Antworten

Zurück zu „Levka Ori“