Mavri, Dochi and Kakovoli from Anopoli

Questions, Miscellaneous and News about the White Mountains / Allgemeines und Fragen sowie Neuigkeiten zu den Weißen Bergen
Antworten
roland

Mavri, Dochi and Kakovoli from Anopoli

Beitrag von roland »

Today at seven o'clock Martina, an austrian lady, that I met here in Anopoli, and I started in direction to the mountains. We went at Gonià up the old mulepath til Agathopi, where car-transport now stops, and continued to Dochi. There are two peaks like Dochi - the second is higher, 2149m. A small descent brings you to the saddle between Dochi and Kakovoli. Another ascent to Kakovoli 2214m - an incredible view opens down to the valley of Mavroi Lakoi and the Kastro-Summits, on the other side all the peaks including Pachnes (which offers certainly a much worse view!) - and both the Libyan AND the Creatan sea. We climbed upwards in the whole this day 1700 m. Descending down SW was just like in a perfect dream: soft snow, but not too soft, not too steep -running or sliding down, like on skis almost, down to the transport-road south to Amouthera. From there nice snow-fields made it very easy again to get to Agathopi, after 7 hours in the whole, from where Manoussos from the Anopoli Taverna brought as back with his car to Anopoli. The conditions in the White Mountains are excellent now - if you know how to move on snow and bring for security reason a light ice axe with you (not necessary though for what we did today!!!!!) . Tommorow I will hike up again, be sure!!
Dateianhänge
exercising in steep snow while waiting for the truck-transport down to Anopoli
exercising in steep snow while waiting for the truck-transport down to Anopoli
IMG_6679.JPG
Monika descending in snowfields
Monika descending in snowfields
on top of Kakovoli, 2214m
on top of Kakovoli, 2214m
Dream-sliding in the saddle between Dochi and Kakovoli
Dream-sliding in the saddle between Dochi and Kakovoli
Antworten

Zurück zu „Levka Ori“