Bike and hike to Kastro 2219m from Anopoli

Please read this before using the forum! / Bitte vor Benutzung des Forums lesen.
Antworten
roland

Bike and hike to Kastro 2219m from Anopoli

Beitrag von roland »

On 8th may I biked from Anopoli to Skafidakia, altitude about 1250m, near Kefala, strenuous two hours almost because of the very bad road and all the stones.There I left my mountainbike and hiked northwards up to Kastro in my trailrunning shoes. No problem to avoid the snowfields by going sometimes left, sometimes right. After three and a half hour I stood on top of Kastro. Blue sky and clouds, almost no wind. For the descent I chose the East-face direction Niato - nice surfing in the snow, like on skis almost. Because of fog, that arouse immediately, it was not that easy to get the orientation. Via Trikoukia and Kali Lakkoi I got to my bike again (the last part of the path is strenuous - hard to find the right way). Conditions in the White Mountains are in my opinion excellent, if you are experienced in walking on snow - instead of loose rocks there are nice snowfields, and you do not sink in in the snow. For steeper slopes it is recommended to take a light ice-axe with you for security. I will for sure climb some other peaks of the Levka Ori in the next days.
Truck-Transport from Anopoli direction Roussies-Pachnes: At an altitude of about 1500m,
Kastro during the ascent
Kastro during the ascent
cars are blocked because of snow in the curves above Agathopi.

By the way: I recorded a relive-film of my ascent of Kastro: https://www.relive.cc/view/rt10005073413 - open this page and then click the orange square to watch it...
Dateianhänge
surfing down in snow direction Niato plain
surfing down in snow direction Niato plain
easy surfing - but, if steep, take an ice-axe with you!
easy surfing - but, if steep, take an ice-axe with you!
on top of Kastro
on top of Kastro
Trocharis, Pachnes, Mesa Soros, Grias Soros, Askyfiotikos Soros...
Trocharis, Pachnes, Mesa Soros, Grias Soros, Askyfiotikos Soros...
Antworten

Zurück zu „Overview / Allgemeines“