Another track to Eligias entrance?

Questions, Miscellaneous and News about the White Mountains / Allgemeines und Fragen sowie Neuigkeiten zu den Weißen Bergen
admin
Site Admin

Re: Another track to Eligias entrance?

Beitrag von admin »

Hi Ann,

no, I don't think your blue line is too steep. Maybe it is in that place but you are quite flexible.
My yellow route is the one that has been "described" to me by my friends from Chania. They walk it regularly - as there is not a real path I am not a hundred percent sure where it is but it is about to be correct.

I will not be online till Tuesday, I assume...

Best wishes
Simon
Ann

Beitrag von Ann »

Because I want to make it a one-day walk and I believe it is a shortcut. I want to drive to Kaloros in a car. Then walk to the upper entrance to Eligias Gorge, have lunch, and then walk the gorge. I think I will waste some valuable time taking the Melindaou-route...

Best regards Ann
Ann

Beitrag von Ann »

Now I seem to be in a labyrinth in this site. Seems my latest answer is now at the top of the line? And I can not see my latest answer to you Simon...about why I wanted to use this route. But I have posted it :?:
beckchrisgeorg

Beitrag von beckchrisgeorg »

Hello Ann,
just to tell my opinion...I think the White Montains are just from the mountaineering side very easy. Most times if you look up you see a possible way. Only the conditions of weather, water, heat...arround makes them more difficult.( Of course arround the gorges and on special points where the montains in the South are falling into the sea you have more extreme conditions.) I stopped to walk allong the paths. I try to escape vallees with a lot of wholes and not to loose a lot of energy if I go over the highest points. You know the gorge Eligias? Maybe it will be good to use more time in your mind for the gorge ? Because the gorge needs more attention and more using of your hands then this not extreme steep hills? just my thoughts...
All the best for your trip...:)
Christoph
beckchrisgeorg

I think this is the easiest route in combination to be also fast...
Dateianhänge
ann.jpg
hollerfreund

Beitrag von hollerfreund »

Hi Christoph
Do you've got some more data of your shown track (distance, altitude)? To finalize Anns planed trip to the south coast, it will be a very long day.

Regards
Matthias
Wer Schreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten ;)
beckchrisgeorg

Signomi,
I have no more data....
Iassu
admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von admin »

Hello Ann,

first of all: I didn't change the order of the posts. Please check this again, and I hope you will find everything in the correct order. If not, please drop me a line and I will see what I can do... :wink:

After I have now understood what you are going to do, I would probably advise you to take the route Christophe has shown (26.04.14, 23:30) which is the same I have shown above. This is certainly the most direct ascent and you end up at Plakoseli. From there it is not far to Potamos and further to Eligias gorge.
I am sorry but as I have not done this section myself, I do not have a GPS track...

Best wishes
Simon
Ann

Beitrag von Ann »

Thank you Chris and Simon and Matthias

My posting-confusion solved. Discovered this forum has pages 1,2 etc :)

Chris I have downloaded every photo on the internet from Eligias Gorge, and have read every hiker's story about it. I too cannot walk in a crowd. I cannot even walk with a companion. I need the solitude and maybe also to be a little worried, so I have the adrenalin to fuel me. But I am certainly not a daredevil. I plan carefully and also make excursions in advance. I am from Denmark, so I don't have your guys' familiarity with mountains. I watch Norwegians, Germans, Austrians, Italians and Greeks speed up and down mountains with awe and a bit of envy. I both love and fear mountains. I have a fear of heights too. But still my heart sings, when I walk in mountains. And I shall take your advice and follow the route you both recommend :)
hollerfreund

Beitrag von hollerfreund »

Hi Ann

Made some pics from peak of Melindaou last week.
Maybe helpfull for you. :)

klick on it to enlarge
northeastwards
northeastwards
eastwards
eastwards
regards
Matthias
Wer Schreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten ;)
admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von admin »

Yes, these photographs should be really helpful. They show at least a major section of the path!

Best wishes
Simon
Antworten

Zurück zu „Levka Ori“