Direct Ascent of Kedrokefala (1719m) along South-Ridge

Please read this before using the forum! / Bitte vor Benutzung des Forums lesen.
Antworten
roland

Direct Ascent of Kedrokefala (1719m) along South-Ridge

Beitrag von roland »

On 9th May I rode on my bike from Anopoli on the road to Roussies, but instead of turning right already after two kilometers I turned left and followed the dirt road to its circular end, where hundreds of bee-houses are installed. By foot I continued northwest, first in easy terrain with a lot of stones and goats. When I got close to the ridge (behind of which it goes steep down to one of the upper branches of the Aradena gorge) I climbed directly upwards, it soon got quite steep. I found very old traces of a path - at least I think it were not animal traces, because it kind of regularly zigzags up. But soon there were no more such tracks. I climbed up an almost vertical 5m-passage in excellent rock with good holds, quite exposed yet, and got on the easier ridge again. There I built a cairn to find this exact place, in case I should have to return. Afterwards endless rocky ground followed with a lot of leaves and cones. Some scary vertical passages I avoided by going left or right. At about 1500m I found the very nice rocktowe, perhaps 30m high,r that I called "Mushroom" because of its astonishing form. Higher above I traversed quite exposed about hundred meters to the right and got in a narrow gorge, that leads up to the plateau near Kedrokefala. There are some delicate passages in this gorge - but two hours after my start I reached Kedrokefala, 1700m. Like the day before, there was a fast development of fog - eastwards I walked down in slippery terrain to the old mule path, that leads down to Gonia. From there I had to get my bike again... would have been a better idea to depose it further down...
Dateianhänge
IMG_6086.JPG
IMG_6083.JPG
IMG_6082.JPG
IMG_6080 (2).JPG
IMG_6104 - Kopie (2).JPG
admin
Site Admin

Re: Direct Ascent of Kedrokefala (1719m) along South-Ridge

Beitrag von admin »

Definitely a great walk, Roland. I have never met anybody who went up from Anopoli directly. I would like to try it next time but would only choose a route that does not involve any climbing. I have heard that to the left (west) of the end of the main Aradena ravine, a possibility exists to go up further and finally arrive in the White Mountains...
I look forward to hear from your next adventures.

Best wishes
Simon
roland

Beitrag von roland »

It is very possible, dear Simon, that you can go up more on the western part. Most of the terrain is the same in that region, I do not see there any bigger problems. But you should, anyway, as I think, to be prepared to climb perhaps a section, that you could not recognize as a climbing-section on the map before...
hollerfreund

Beitrag von hollerfreund »

Bravo :D
Wer Schreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten ;)
Antworten

Zurück zu „Overview / Allgemeines“