GPS tracks

Please read this before using the forum! / Bitte vor Benutzung des Forums lesen.
Antworten
admin
Site Admin

GPS tracks

Beitrag von admin »

Hallo zusammen,

Ich melde mich auch mal wieder: Ich habe jetzt so ziemlich alles hoch geladen, was ich noch an Tracks bei mir gefunden habe. Das seht ihr ja an den neuen Unterforen. Besonders vieles fehlt jetzt nicht mehr in den Weißen Bergen, habe ich so das Gefühl. Klar, ein paar Tracks habe ich zurückgehalten, weil ich die für zu heikel halte. ;-) Ein paar Wege, die in den Anavasi-Karten drin sind, fehlen hier noch, weil ich nur Google Earth Daten habe; da möchte ich noch warten, bis ich sie wirklich gegangen bin.
Fällt euch noch was ein oder könnt ihr noch etwas ergänzen?

Viele Grüße
Simon

Hello everybody,

I have now uploaded most of the GPS tracks/data that I have. You may have recognized the new forums already. I don't think there are many additional pathes in the White Mountains - that's at least my feeling. Of course, I didn't post some of the critical walks which I consider as dangerous. ;-)
A few pathes shown in the Anavasi maps are still missing as I do only have Google Earth data; I would like to wait until I have definitely walked them myself.

Do you have any additions or other comments?

Best wishes
Simon
admin
Site Admin

Re: GPS tracks

Beitrag von admin »

07.03.2014, 15:45:
Der Stand der Dinge / The state of the art!

Simon :D
Dateianhänge
20140307.kml
(2.32 MiB) 467-mal heruntergeladen
beckchrisgeorg

Beitrag von beckchrisgeorg »

Bravo!! Und natürlich vielen Dank! Muss mir mal alles in Ruhe zu Gemüte führen!!
Gruß Christoph
Eldis

Beitrag von Eldis »

Hi,
Lovely map!
One addition is from the church on the road out of Omalos to Greleska, and the path all the way to Koustogerako.
And what about Agia Irini? and Figou?
Keratides Gorge? I had planned to walk there.
And if you show paths all the way to Paleochora, why not have the path that goes up from the church in the mountains above Sougia around and into Kakos Potamos and beyond. The path that turn east and into a gorge and back to Sougia. The path through Kakos Potamos to Prodromi.
Poria, Potirstiria, Samaria?
Aradena? Aradena, Livaniana, Anopolis?
Marmara Agios Ioannis?
Or maybe you have some criteria for paths I don't understand.
beckchrisgeorg

Beitrag von beckchrisgeorg »

Iassu,
I think,- everything together means just a lot of work and time. Or there was no gps this day. there is a lot of possebilities! this is not a commercial forum. A lot of people know each other and help each other. And maybe in future there will be also these tracks! but Simon will answer more...I think.
Iassu
P.S.: Also you can help in future! This was also the reason that I thought to take the gps to this Agios P. in Omalos :)
admin
Site Admin

Beitrag von admin »

The tracks shown in the map above are the tracks I currently have. I have recorded the majority of them myself, and I got the rest from friends. Of course, I could probably find some of the missing pathes in the internet but I do not want to use data which I do not "own".
I have provided the map to show what I currently have and hope that other users will send me more tracks. I know that in the area of Aradena and Livaniana, some pathes are missing, as well as in the Omalos/Sougia range. The region west of Sougia was not in the original focus of this forum - but of course I could add a sub-forum or sub-forums for these tracks, too.
Poria/Potistiria, by the way, are included above. A list of what is missing could be the following - and this is not too long any more:

- pathes west of Sougia
- Anidri gorge
- Agia Irini gorge, including Figou
- Omalos - Gre Leska - Koustogerako
- Tripiti - Koustogerako (if existant)
- Tripiti/Klados/Samaria area (data exist for most pathes but only on request)
- Eligias gorge
- Aradena gorge, incl. side entrances
- Marmara - Sellouda
- Livaniana (--> track provided by Michael today, will add this to the forum next week)
- Loutro - Anopolis (--> track provided by Michael today, will add this to the forum next week)
- Livaniana - Aradena (--> track provided by Michael today, will add this to the forum next week)
- walks within Anopolis
- Anopolis - Skafidhia
- Trikoukia - Lakki - Komitades
- Askifou - Imbros
- Gournes - Livada
- Vafes - Askifou
- pathes north-east of Askifou
- Kambi - Volikas shelter
- Petres - Trikoukia
- pathes around Kallikratis
- E4 at Kryoneritis

Best wishes
Simon
Eldis

Beitrag von Eldis »

Hi,
It is a pity I don't have a GPS then. Can't be of any help.
hollerfreund

Beitrag von hollerfreund »

admin hat geschrieben: Fällt euch noch was ein oder könnt ihr noch etwas ergänzen?
Do you have any additions or other comments?

Best wishes
Simon
Hello Simon

Yes:
Path from Livaniana via Sellouda to Aghios Ioannis (ongoing to Kormokopou cave to Fliskounias and finaly to Agia Roumeli).
You can integrate it into you map. Maybe there is also a place in the 'connection pathes' like at here:
viewforum.php?f=33
Livaniana - Aghios Ioannis - Kormokopou - Fliskounias - Agia Roumeli.gpx
GPX track
(471.45 KiB) 358-mal heruntergeladen
For Eligias gorge I've got also an GPX track. But the data is in no good condition concerning the track (signal reflections), but maybe helpfull for having an impression of the timing.
I will send it first by mail to Simon to decide if it is good enough.

regards
Mathtias
Wer Schreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten ;)
Antworten

Zurück zu „Overview / Allgemeines“