Speed-hiking Krousia - Zeranokefala - Exo Tourloti - Mesa Tourloti - Skotino - Pachnes - Sternes

Questions, Miscellaneous and News about the White Mountains / Allgemeines und Fragen sowie Neuigkeiten zu den Weißen Bergen
Antworten
roland

Speed-hiking Krousia - Zeranokefala - Exo Tourloti - Mesa Tourloti - Skotino - Pachnes - Sternes

Beitrag von roland »

Yesterday about 8 o'clock Monika and I started in Kroussia above Agios Ioannis, to where dear Antonis Glymenakis from the Anopoli Taverna brought us with the car safely. On the marked path up, til you see Agia Roumeli, then further on up and traversing, passing the nice springs near the caves, then heading steep up to Zeranokefala. Nice ascents and descents (if possible, descents always on snowfields) brought us to Mesokefales, Exo Tourloti, Mesa Tourloti and then to Pachnes (where I found, by the way, keep it secret, a possible start-place for my paraglider - direction Agia Roumeli...). We descended towards the saddle between Pachnes and Trocharis and "skied" down direction Roussies - but it was much more strenuous than we thought, we should better have taken the normal Pachnes-descent, even if there are still some steep snowfields; a lot of loose stones in steep terrain and uncomfortably hard snow diminuished the pleasure; a huge, windformed corniche, almost vertical, forced us to make a a long extra-way. Then a last ascent to Sternes - from there nice descent again to where transports to Pachnes normally stop (take care of holes in the snow, that are opening now more often probably every day!). Another hour or so walking back to Agathopi and further (several quite steep snowy passages again) - til Antonis took us again with the car to Anopoli. 8 1/2 hours, around 2000 meters up, about 25 kilometers. Exquisite conditions for experienced hikers! Monika and I have certainly climbed a hundred levka-ori-summits in the whole (a lot of them many times, of course, because there are not hundred summits there...) - but none uf us EVER MET A SINGLE PERSON EXCEPT ON THE WAY TO PACHNES OR ON E4-Stuff. A little bit amazing, isn't it? Should hikers better be called SHEEP? A good idea is to bring hiker-sticks with you! And I always take, if there is still snow in a region, a light-weight ice-axe with me. The white mountains are amazing - Monika and I are absolutely addicts of them :) Pics will follow - because this is my last evening in Anopoli after having spent a month here (and climbed Pachnes e.g. three times) I have to go out NOW for last socializing....

And here is the "filmli"... ;-)

https://www.levka-ori.com/pics/Roland_1.mp4
mixalhs

Re: Speed-hiking Krousia - Zeranokefala - Exo Tourloti - Mesa Tourloti - Skotino - Pachnes - Sternes

Beitrag von mixalhs »

Hi,

it seems as if Pachnes is possible now, despite earlier warnings that there will be still too much snow before end June.

I'll be there next week and I hope to make it. Would it be advisable to take Grödel (light grampons) with me?

Cheers

Michael
Zuletzt geändert von mixalhs am 5. Juni 2019, 05:36, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
kokkinos vrachos
Re: Speed-hiking Krousia - Zeranokefala - Exo Tourloti - Mesa Tourloti - Skotino - Pachnes - Sternes

Beitrag von kokkinos vrachos »

Hi Michael, last Tuesday I was in Anopoli (18th of May) Jannis from Anopoli Rooms said that it is difficult to dangerous to walk from Rousies to Pachnes. He said in 10-14 days it might look different.

As the Sun shines for 13-14 hours in the Sfakia at the moment every day, of course, the snow also melts faster.

I would ask for the current snow situation in the tavern Anopoli. Anopoli rooms, Anopolis, info@anopolirooms.gr, Τηλ. 28250 91171, Κιν. 6942 609343 (Kostas & Nikos).

Ta Leme, kv

Ich war letzten Dienstag in Anopoli (18.Mai) Jannis von Anopoli Rooms in Anopoli meinte das es zur Zeit schwierig bis gefährlich ist von Rousies zum Pachnes zu wandern. Er meinte in 10-14 Tagen könnte es schon anders aussehen.

Da im Moment jeden Tag die Sonne 13-14 Stunden in der Sfakia scheint, schmiltz natürlich auch der Schnee schneller.

Ich würde nach der aktuellen Schneelage in der Taverne Anopoli nachfragen. Anopoli rooms, Anopolis, info@anopolirooms.gr, Festnetz: 28250 91171, Handy: 6942 609343 (Kostas & Nikos).

Ta Leme, kv
Zuletzt geändert von kokkinos vrachos am 5. Juni 2019, 09:24, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
„Ich hoffe nichts, ich fürchte nichts, ich bin frei." Nikos Kazantzakis
mixalhs

Beitrag von mixalhs »

Danke für die Info und den Tipp. Ich habe auch mal eine Mail an die Kallergihütte geschrieben und nach der Schneelage im Westen gefragt. Falls ich eine Antwort, bekomme, werde ich das hier posten. Liebe Grüße, Michael
roland

Beitrag von roland »

I would not take crampqons, but a light ice-axe. But, if you are experienced in snow, you can also do wirhout
Antworten

Zurück zu „Levka Ori“