Ascent of Pachnes, Trocharis, Thodori Korfi und Chorafas Korfi from Anopoli

Questions, Miscellaneous and News about the White Mountains / Allgemeines und Fragen sowie Neuigkeiten zu den Weißen Bergen
Antworten
roland

Ascent of Pachnes, Trocharis, Thodori Korfi und Chorafas Korfi from Anopoli

Beitrag von roland »

Yesterday at 6 o'clock I started in Anopoli in my trailrunningshoes. After Agathopi I crossed the first snowfields. Soon there was the first quite steep one, and to get to the point, where the trucks stop normally in a kind of a bassin, I had to take my lightweight-ice axe out of my rucksack, because the winds had build a very steep snowwall. Towards Roussies two other steep passages - to recommend only, if you have enough alpine experience! More above,where one sees Pachnes for the first time, sometimes one can see parts of the nice path - but many snowfields interrupt it. Where it was possible, I avoided these steep and dangerous snwowfields heading more to the left towards the ridge, where I could climb up in dry rock. But it means, that following the ridge you do a longer way, because there are two short descents. After 4 1/2 hours I reached quite exhausted the dry top of Pachnes. Right behind the pile of stones at the top I sat, protected from the wind, for half a happy hour. Then I slided down to the saddle in direction to Trocharis. A nice dry ascent brought me to top of Trocharis. Another nice sliding, like skiing, down and another short ascent up to Thodori Korfi-North, then to the top of Thodori-Korfi-South (2317m), where I saw the nice snowfield, from which I had started with my paraglider a week before. Some other nice slidings on snow, then quite a long distance up and down to Chorafas Korfi. After that some steep and not very pleasant passages with loose rocks and plants, down to Agathopi again. From there I went down as I had come up - it is really a big pity, that this very old mule-path had been almost destroyed by that snow- and stone-avalanche some years ago. Nine hours after my start I arrived in Anopoli again - where I had a biiiiiiiiiiig beer (and it was not the last I had yesterday :D )
In the whole a very impressive walk - but regarding the actual conditions, the ascent of these mountains is recommended NOW only for experienced alpinists. A light ice-axe is very useful and reduces the risk of slipping away!! Okay, for me with my light trailrunning-shoes, it was compulsory to have it with me anyway. As a reserve, I had a pair of light crampons in my bag - but did not use them.
Dateianhänge
my lightweight crampons
my lightweight crampons
View from Thodori Korfi back to Trocharis. To the left Pachnes
View from Thodori Korfi back to Trocharis. To the left Pachnes
IMG_6472.JPG
The nice small rockridge from the saddle between Pachnes and Trocharis
The nice small rockridge from the saddle between Pachnes and Trocharis
sliding down from Pachnes down to the saddle in direction to Trocharis
sliding down from Pachnes down to the saddle in direction to Trocharis
panoramic view from top of Pachnes
panoramic view from top of Pachnes
Pachnes top
Pachnes top
view from top of Pachnes in direction to Gavdos
view from top of Pachnes in direction to Gavdos
IMG_6455.JPG
on of the steep snowfields, at about 2200m
on of the steep snowfields, at about 2200m
the last slopes to Pachnes
the last slopes to Pachnes
from here you see Pachnes for the first time
from here you see Pachnes for the first time
Roland's lightweight combination
Roland's lightweight combination
view up to the place, where truck-transport normally ends
view up to the place, where truck-transport normally ends
about a kilometer before the end of the transport road
about a kilometer before the end of the transport road
carolaurbanek

Re: Ascent of Pachnes, Trocharis, Thodori Korfi und Chorafas Korfi from Anopoli

Beitrag von carolaurbanek »

Kalimera Roland,

great tour. We met last September close to Sendoni. Unfortunately i already finished my spring crete holidays.

Regards
Carola
Antworten

Zurück zu „Levka Ori“